Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Salad with yummy dressing!

Believe it or not, I had never made a salad until February. I never liked salad until I was almost 30 and now I love them. I had a wonderful salad at a Bible study luncheon a couple of months ago and just had to get the recipe to make for my Bunco group. Here it is:
DRESSING
1 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp prepared mustard
2 T lemon juice
2 T poppy seeds

SALAD
Mixed baby greens (about 8 cups)
Granny Smith apples cubed
1 cup Swiss cheese grated
1 cup cashews

I eat this salad all the time now. I half the recipe and put the dressing in a little container. I buy organic baby mixed greens at the store. All I have to do when I want this salad is put a little bit of greens on a plate, add cashews and swiss cheese and voila....yummy salad! I don't put much dressing on, either, so there aren't very many calories and the nuts and cheese give me protein so I'm good to go. I'm out of dressing so I'm going to go make some now where I can have a salad for dinner. I ate WAY too much for lunch at Trio's today! :s

No comments:

Post a Comment