Sunday, March 15, 2009

Coca-Cola Cake

YUM!!! I LOVE this cake!!! It is so delicious....everyone always loves it and requests it. I had tasted Coca-Cola cake when I was younger and remembered how much I loved it. I searched the Internet years ago and found this recipe on a Super Bowl webpage. :)

Cake
2 cups plain flour
2 cups sugar
2 sticks butter
3 T. cocoa
1 cup Coca-Cola
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 cup mini marshmallows

Icing
1 stick butter
3 T cocoa
6 T Coca-Cola
1 box powdered sugar (or 1/2 of a bag)
1 tsp. vanilla

For cake: Combine sugar and flour in mixing bowl. Heat butter, Coca-Cola, cocoa to boiling and pour over flour and sugar mixture mixing thourougly. Add buttermilk, eggs, baking soda, vanilla, and marshmallows. Mix well. The batter will be think and the marshmallows will float on the top. Bake is a greased 9x13 inch pan at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.

I actually just melt the butter in the microwave and then mix everything together and it still tastes great. The last few times I have made this cake, I have also added marshmallow cream to the cake after it is done instead of adding marshmallows. The marshmallows tend to burn a little so I have found that the marshmallow cream is even better.

For icing: Combine butter, Coca-Cola, and heat to boiling. Pour over sugar. After beating, add vanilla. Spread over hot cake.

I melt the stick of butter in the microwave and then add all the other ingredients and mix well. Viola! I also add this icing to brownies and it is delicious! I buy any kind of brownie mix and cook in a 9x13 inch pan for 24 minutes...then ice...DELICIOUS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment