Monday, March 16, 2009

White Chicken Chili

This white chicken chili is SO good!!! Lamar loves it!!! I found the recipe on the Internet when I was wanting to make a good chicken chili recipe....I just searched for the recipes with the best ingredients and it worked....so delicious!!!

1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast cut up
1 medium onion
1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 T vegetable oil
2 15 1/2 ounce northern white beans, rinsed and drained
1 14 1/2 ounce can chicken broth
1 tsp salt
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup whipping cream
2 4 ounce cans diced green chilis

In large saucepan, saute chicken, onion, and garlic powder in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add beans, chilis, chicken broth, and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes uncovered. Remove from heat, stir in sour cream and whipping cream. Serve immediately.

I always do things a little bit different than the recipe because the bottom line for me is this....I will not cook if it is not easy..... so I just make things easier for me. Instead of cooking chicken breasts, I buy the little chicken already cooked at Kroger... it is a lot cheaper than the chicken breasts and tastes great. I also don't ever cup up onions...for one thing they make my eyes burn and water like crazy and they also make my hands smell. I just buy the frozen chopped onions.....so easy and still tastes great. I also always buy the mild diced green chilis. This recipe is spicy even with the mild chilis. I can't imagine how spicy it would be with regular or hot chilis.

This is the chicken that I buy. I usually buy one but these looked a little small so I bought two this time and used 1 1/2.

I also don't cook the chili how the recipe says...I just put everything into a saucepan (including the whipping cream and sour cream) and stir continously (while I'm stirring my husband is cutting up the chicken for me). It's SO easy and by far the best white chicken chili I have ever tasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment