Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Chicken Rice Casserole

I am cooking for a friend of mine who is in my Bunco group tonight. I decided I needed to make something quick, easy, and also something that transports fairly easily in the car. I decided to make her Chicken Rice Casserole. Macy's grandmother gave me this recipe years ago and I still make it because it's so easy and it tastes great! Here's the recipe:

2 small cans chicken, drained (I use Swanson white chicken)
2 cans chicken broth
1 can french onion soup
2 smalls cans mushrooms, drained
2 cups raw uncooked rice
1 can peas
1 Tbs. onion flakes
Dash Tabasco sauce
1 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp. garlic salt
2 sticks melted butter
1/2 cup slivered almonds
Put all ingredients in bowl and mix together.
Bake uncovered in 9x13 inch pan for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
I don't put the peas in because my husband doesn't like them. I also don't put the Tabasco sauce in because on my recipe card, it's written on the same line as the onion flakes, so I've always overlooked it. I did see it today and put a dash in there. :) Oh, also I just pour chicken broth in the french onion soup can after I pour that in because the chicken broth cans they sell now are bigger than the Campbell's can and using those bigger cans would make the casserole too watery. Macy and Lamar both LOVE this meal and so do I because it's the easiest casserole to make ever!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment