Saturday, October 16, 2010

Zesty Italian Crescent Casserole (Renee's Cheesy Cresent Roll Casserole)

A few weeks ago, I went to our marriage group (well, it's not really a marriage group but that's what I call it) in NLR and my friend, Renee, had made the yummiest casserole!! She brought me the recipe when we went to the zoo on Thursday. I didn't waste any time making it.  And, let me tell ya, it is DELICIOUS!!!
Zesty Italian Crescent Casserole
If I could name it, I would call it Renee's Cheesy Crescent Roll Casserole because that just sounds yummier to me. :)

1 lb. ground beef  (I used 1 1/2 pounds)
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 cup tomato sauce
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella or monterey jack cheese (I used 2 cups of mozzarella)
1/2 cup sour cream (I used 1 cup)
1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury crescent dinner rolls
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
2 T butter (I used 2 1/2)

If you haven't noticed, I added a little more of the yummiest ingredients and it was SCRUMPTIOUS!! To me if a little bit of butter, cheese, and sour cream are good, then a little bit more is even better. :)
   
Heat oven to 375 degrees.  In large skillet, cook ground beef and onion.  Drain.  Stir in tomato sauce.  In medium bowl, mix mozarella cheese and sour cream.
Pour ground beef mixture into ungreased 2 quart baking dish.  Spoon cheese mixture over the beef mixture.
Unroll cresent rolls and lay over top of cheese mixture.  In small bowl, mix parmesan cheese and melted butter.  Spread evenly over dough.  Bake at 375 for 18-25 minutes.  ENJOY!!! 

YUM!!

1 comment:

  1. I am trying this tomorrow, yummy from a beautiful friend.

    ReplyDelete