Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Ice Cream Sandwich Heaven

Well, Mar's been eating healthy so I don't cook or bake that much anymore.  When Macy is back this summer, I'll probably be cooking more. I've missed it! The funny thing is that Mar didn't eat much of my baking anyway but when he started eating healthy, I just quit baking.  Anyway,  a couple of weeks ago, a friend asked us over for dinner and asked me to bring dessert.  We were real busy that day so I needed something really quick and easy....let me tell ya, it doesn't get much quicker or easier than this and it tastes AMAZING!!
I found a recipe online for an ice cream sandwich cake but as with most recipes, I usually add more of the good stuff to make it better...so I added mini M&M's and Symphony bars.  I also added more Cool Whip than what was called for. If I remembered the site I got the recipe from, I would put it on here but I don't remember it. Most of the ice cream sandwich cake recipes are the same, though.
Ingredients:
2 boxes of Ice Cream Sandwiches
2 tubs of Cool Whip (one big and one just normal size)
Heath bits
mini M&M's
Symphony bars
Hershey's hot fudge
Hershey's caramel sauce
Deep 9x13 disposable pan
Layer the ice cream sandwiches on the bottom of pan
Add half of Cool Whip
Follow with caramel and hot fudge sauce, M&M's, heath bar bits
Layer more ice cream sandwiches on top of that and repeat.
EASY!!!
SOOOOOO  GOOD!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment