Saturday, September 18, 2010

Crunchy Chicken Casserole

This is one of my favorite recipes that my sister, Marci, makes. I just love it! It's yummy!!
This recipe does not call for buttermilk, even though I have it in the picture. I was going to make a red velvet cake for my friend and had just gotten the buttermilk at the store along with the ingredients for this recipe so I just stuck the buttermilk in the picture, not thinking. I also forgot to put the mushrooms in the pix.

2 1/2 cups bite size chicken pieces
1 cup chopped celery
1/4 cup chipped green bell pepper
1/2 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
1  2oz. jar pimentos
1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
1 tsp. Accent
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt
3 T lemon juice
3 T grated onion
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups finely crushed potato chips
1 cup Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 350.  In a 2 quart casserole, combine everything except the cheese and chips.  It will look like this:  
In the following order, layer cheddar cheese, chips, and Parmesan.  Cover and bake 35 minutes.  Uncover and bake 5-7 more minutes.  Serves 6. 

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This looks so good! I am visiting from where you posted it on Marci Epps FB page!

    Nice to meet you!

    Love,
    Traci

    ReplyDelete